ADVOCATE | ENGAGE | FUNDRAISE
The Save Jane Society is comprised of members from conscientious households who take a stand for children by raising awareness within their circles about the healing services DCAC provides to the victims of child abuse in Dallas County and their families. Through education, volunteerism, and community awareness, the Save Jane Society serves as an inclusive community of advocates who help expose the realities of trauma caused by child abuse and the hope and justice that prevails at DCAC with the wider community.
Members with children or grandchildren will enjoy the opportunities for family friendly events highlighting volunteerism and philanthropy for the younger generation in a fun and palatable way. All members will enjoy opportunities to network with other like-minded individuals and professionals.
The Save Jane Society was named for DCAC’s campaign of the same name. Save Jane shows that child abuse in Dallas County spans every race, age, and neighborhood in a provocative and creative way. Each child is shown with a black bar across their eyes with the statement, “I am Jane Doe.” They are no longer nameless kids, but instead become the kid in your daughter’s class, the boy on your son’s soccer team, or the girl walking by you at the mall.
Attend an outdoor event:
- February 13 – Valentine’s Breakfast
Location: Hat Creek Burger Co. (8185 Walnut Hill Ln, Suite 1400, Dallas TX, 75231 Time: Drop by between 9:30 – 11AM
- March 27 – Pints for Pinwheels
Location: Coming soon!
Time: Drop by between 2:00-4:00PM
- July 10 – Backpacks for Beers
Location: Three Nations Brewing (1033 Vandergriff Dr, Carrollton TX, 75006
Time: Drop by between 12:00-3:00PM
- December – Christmas Breakfast
Location/Time: Coming soon!
Invite friends for a Tour of DCAC and to learn more about our mission over lunch at the Center.
- In-home Education – Members can host small gatherings in their home with a DCAC expert. Invite your friends and neighbors for important education and discussion on topics such as “How to Keep Your Kids Safe.” Topics can be geared towards age of attendees.
- Office Education – Members can invite DCAC into their workplace. An expert will present “DCAC 101” – a high level education about the CAC model and how DCAC supports abused children in Dallas County.
- School Groups – Teens can advocate for DCAC within their schools via a task force or DCAC club, while younger children can choose to collect items with their classmates for DCAC’s Clothes Closet
- Pinwheels of Hope Yard Sign Campaign (February 15 – May 15, 2021)
- Host a fundraiser for cash donations (Facebook fundraiser, Lemonade stand, Donate your birthday, etc.)
- Host a donation drive (Gift Cards, Teen items, Toys, Halloween Candy, Backpacks, etc.)
- Save Jane Event – Save Jane is a marketing and awareness campaign for DCAC. Hosted each Spring in Klyde Warren Park, the names of each and every child reported abused in the year prior are read aloud. For 28+ hours the real names are replaced with Jane Doe or John Doe to shine a light on the magnitude of child abuse in Dallas County.
- Dining Series – DCAC serves dinner to children and families each weeknight who are participating in group therapy. Adult members age 18+ and not enrolled in a DISD program can help by providing dinner and staying for setup, service and clean up.
- Clothes Closet – The DCAC Clothes Closet provides an opportunity for children and adults alike to donate funds, gift cards or new unwrapped toys and clothes through toy collections or give-back events, like donating your birthday party to DCAC. Help coordinate a donation drive and collection drop-off for DCAC or help organize the closet seasonally.
- Back to School – DCAC provides over 1,500 children with a backpack, school supplies and access to uniforms each summer.
- Holiday of Hope – DCAC provides over 1,800 children with gifts during the holiday season.
Join the Save Jane Society today to help spread awareness in your community about the reality of child abuse and the hope and resilience found at DCAC while helping to fund services for the over 7,300 children and non-offending family members we serve each year.
Be sure to follow us on social media to keep up to date on the latest happenings of the Save Jane Society @DallasCAC.
Save Jane Society Members
Houston and Katrina Bolin
Wesley and Jeff Brady
Jon, Sarah and Mack Burns
Anthony J. & Lisa M. Campagna
Katy and David Cecere
Onslow County Partnership for Children
Seth, Katrina and Evan Cook
Clifton and Paula Cotton
Wynne, Chris and Staiger Cunningham
Christy, Travis and Hunter Ewert
Dr. Beth Farren
The Feferman Family
Attorney Bruce A. Flint
Sara, Chris, Harper & Duncan Fredericks
Brian, Cindy, Owen and Wyatt Hanson
Jonathan & Julie Heckman
Kim and Hudson Henley
Jane Rose Hurst
Stephanie Juarez Killion
Jennifer and Kevin Kirksey
Ashlee and Chris Kleinert
Craig and Sunny Knocke
John, Natalie, Avery and Ashley Lesikar
Ashley, Brittney, Courtney, Debi and Todd Martin
Melinda Cheney Mathes
Janie and Cappy McGarr
Mary Blake and Chuck Meadows
Rebecca and Jeff Montgomery Family
Shane and Danielle Mullen
Dr. Jane E. Nokleberg & Dr. Lawrence Hum
Shawn, Carrie, Emily and Gavin Paschall
Dalton and Emily Potts
James and Sharon Richards
Gail and Donald Roberts
Charlene Olivia Russell
Christa, Ketric, Jackson, Cason and Landry Sanford
Lucy, Kyle, Nora & Avery Schanzer
Murphey, Jeff, Phelps, Price, Peyton and Paige Sears
Jessica, David, Margaret and Maud Short
Mr. and Mrs. Richard W. Slaven
Kelly Slaven, Jessica Brazeal, Schaefer Terstriep and Josie Terstriep
Tracy and David Steiner
Norma K. and Donald J. Stone
Phuong Tran and Jack Parker
Katherine and Austin Wyker
Jasmine S. Wynton
Whitney Zapffe and Family